Where: Unbehagen Advisors
31 West Tarpon Avenue
Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
This month we will be taking a look at the business side of photography. Beyond taking pictures for fun, most of us would like to actually make money or at the very least not lose money from out photography adventures. Knowing what you can and cannot do legally is a critical part of this.
Asking the right questions is one thing but not asking the right person not only makes it difficult to get started but can be extremely detrimental to your businesses health. In this meeting Todd Unbehagen will guide you through several areas where common mistakes can be made and how to create a strategy that sets you up on the right course of action for your business tax needs.
Some of the topics to be covered include:
- Tax avoidance strategies for the photographer. Are you paying too much in tax?
- Should you form a LLC, S Corporation, or a C Corporation? If so, then when?
- Current sales and use tax concerns of photographers in Florida. Yes, they are targeting YOU.
- What you should be “focusing” on in your business to be successful.
- Becoming more informed on what the IRS is looking for. Are you on the list?
- What is a true entrepreneur?
- Open forum, opportunities for photographers.
- When does the IRS see photography as no longer a hobby? — Hobby tax rules.
- Questions and answers.
If you’re serious about taking your business or your hobby to the next level you will definitely want to attend this meeting and get your questions answered.
Seating is limited to 35. Please RSVP your intention to attend via the comments section below. In order for Todd to tailor his talk to our members, please take a moment to complete this short survey.
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world’s leading questionnaire tool.
Todd Unbehagen of Unbehagen Advisors, based in Tarpon Springs, Fl. has been helping businesses, and photographers, be successful for over 10 years. He holds a Masters Degree in Accounting and Financial Management and has been guest speaker for for several agencies and organizations including:
- Florida Society of Accountants
- Tarpon Springs Chamber of Commerce
- DBM-Tampa – PwC executives, other past executives
- SBRN-Tampa, USF (Small Business Resource Network)
- Future Home Realty (Agent’s seminar/meeting) – Tampa
You can connect with Unbehagen Advisors on these social media platforms.
6:00pm Doors open.
6:30pm Presentation begins.
7:30pm Break 15 mins.
9:15pm Doors close.